Are you looking for a simple, affordable way to improve the appearance of your backyard or business? If so, adding a garden fountain might just be the perfect upgrade for you. Fountains can be used to enhance the beauty of nearly any outdoor space whether commercial or residential. Make a stellar first impression on every customer that comes through the door when you incorporate the beauty of a garden fountain into your landscaping design or create an oasis of tranquility in your very own backyard with a beautiful water feature! Read on to discover more about how fountains work, what types are available, their many benefits, and how they can add interest to your home or business.
Garden fountains are decorative fixture consisting of a basin filled with water which is surrounded by a series of jets that shoot up from the bottom of the pool. The jets are usually made out of copper, brass, bronze, stainless steel, or other metals. They are designed to look like flowers, urns, columns, leaves, or even animals. Some garden fountains have multiple jets while others only have one. Most garden fountains come equipped with lights that illuminate the entire fountain at night. These lights are often controlled via remote control.
The most common type of garden fountain is called a bubbler fountain. Bubblers are typically made of glass or plastic and contain a pump that forces air into the base of the fountain. This creates bubbles that rise up through the water, creating a soothing sound, as well as a visual display. Other types of garden fountains include waterfall fountains, spouts, and cascades. Fountains come available in both standard and custom designs providing nearly endless options to choose from. No matter the style, size, color, or environment, the right installer can create the perfect focal point for your backyard or commercial landscaping!
Garden fountains may be one of the most underrated water features available today. They offer so many wonderful benefits and are both versatile and affordable. Consider the many powerful reasons to invest in a garden fountain:
1) Adds Beauty & Interest to Your Landscape Design – When it comes to landscape design, there’s nothing better than incorporating something that adds beauty and interest to your yard. Whether you choose a pre-made fountain or a custom created one, garden fountains provide a unique focal point that will make your property stand out from the crowd.
2) Improves Property Value – Did you know that having a garden fountain in your yard could increase the value of your home? According to the National Association of Realtors, homes with water features sell faster and for higher prices than those without. In fact, studies show that homes with water features sell for anywhere between 5% and 15% more than similar properties without them.
3) Makes For an Efficient Use of Space – Many people mistakenly think that they can’t add a garden fountain due to space constraints. Simply put, regardless of the size of your lawn, it is possible to add a garden fountain that works within your unique yard and aesthetic.
4) Provides Peaceful Surroundings – It’s no secret that gardens and nature are great stress relievers. Whether you’re relaxing after a long day at work or enjoying a quiet moment alone, a garden fountain provides a tranquil setting that helps you unwind and relax.
5) Adds White Noise – If you live in an area where noise pollution is a problem, adding a garden fountain to your yard can help reduce unwanted noise. Water features are known to produce the tranquil yet encompassing sound of pouring water. The water can be used to effectively drown out loud noises such as traffic and construction, offering you a more peaceful home environment, even if the neighbors like to party late into the night.
6) Improve Mental Health – Studies show that when we spend time outdoors, our bodies release endorphins which in turn boost our mood and improve our overall wellbeing. Having a garden fountain in your backyard can encourage you to get outside more, effectively boosting your mood. Enjoy increased calmness, and stress reduction when you enjoy the soothing sounds and visual distraction of a garden fountain.
7) Encourage Wildlife to Visit – Watching small critters flourish in your outdoor oasis is a great way to spend your afternoons. A garden fountain can attract birds, butterflies, bees, and other small animals. For those who love nature, adding a garden fountain is a surefire way to attract wildlife to your very own backyard.
Garden fountains offer one of the simplest, yet most show stopping ways to create interest and curb appeal for your home or business. Consider some of the specific ways garden fountains can take your outdoor landscaping to the next level:
1) Add Color and Texture – Adding color and texture to your landscape is always a good idea. Even if you don’t have room for a full-sized waterfall, a garden fountain offers a beautiful addition to any yard. Whether you need something large or petite, traditional or modern, bold or demure, garden fountains offer a wide variety of options to suit your personal taste.
2) Create A Unique Outdoor Living Area – With so many different types of garden fountains available, there’s one to compliment every style of home. Whether you want something simple and elegant, or something bright and eye-catching, a garden fountain can accommodate your desires. Create an outdoor seating area centered around a beautiful, garden fountain to create the perfect focal point for an outdoor experience you and your guests will be sure to enjoy.
3) Make Your Yard More Beautiful – Nothing says “beautiful” quite like a well-designed garden fountain. Regardless of style, color, or shape, garden fountains are designed with beauty in mind. They instantly command the attention of all who visit your backyard or business!
A garden fountain adds beauty and interest to any home or business. It’s a low maintenance option that requires little upkeep and provides years of enjoyment. So, what are you waiting for? Isn’t it time to enhance your home or business with the tranquility, beauty, and functionality of a garden fountain!?